Friday, December 23, 2011

Thoughts on Business

I have been thinking too much business lately. I can't leave the house, talk to a friend, or see a website without wondering how to make more money. The thoughts don't steer towards making money off my friends, as though I could leverage my friendship with them for my own financial gain, but i cant help talk to them about how i want my business to work. I want it to succeed, to be free of traditional business restraints. I want everyone to use it as much as they want and i want them to want to use it all the time. The business should have - at least what feels like - inherent value. That value - perceived or actual - would be the drive behind the success. It seems simple enough... Oh- and i want it to be completely free. No subscription, no contract, no money coming to me directly from my consumer to me whatsoever.
The company i want to create, in a word, is Google.
Its old news, been done, not that interesting. The only difference is i want to make a google for the internet. 'it already exists' you say? 'ha.' i say. I google exists (for the most part) in the internet. The value of Google is only apparent when it finds what you want it to find. It cant do that without being connected to the internet. Can you believe that? One of the most successful internet-based companies in history only has value if the people of the world have access to the Internet. Without internet, access Google's algorithm is nothing more that a very long series of 1s and 0s sitting on a soon-to-be-obsolete computer. Google is worthless... Without the internet.
The Internet is what I want my company to provide. For free. To anyone. Anywhere. One day maybe I'll accomplish this. Surely you'll be the first to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment