Thursday, April 10, 2014

A Day in The Life

Netflix. That word - that made-up noun, that everyone now knows - sums up too many days. Even when I'm incredibly busy, there seems to always be time to have a noise on in the background. In a way Netflix has replaced radio.
That was on my mind. It has nothing at all to do with the topic at hand.

I thought I would write about my experience at my new job, starting roughly at day one. There isn't really a reason to be writing this except that I have a feeling that this job is going somewhere. Though there's a chance I won't actually have the job in another couple months, there's a reason I feel like it's going somewhere (I don't know what that means yet either).

Past jobs have provided a pay check and from time to time they were even enjoyable. All that seemed to prove though is that even a dead-end road might have a nice view from time to time.

I work for a company in Roanoke called Meridium. It's a company which invented, and seems to be perfecting APM (asset performance management). APM is difficult subject to look up and read about, because there just isn't a lot written about the concept online. My guess is, in the next two years, a whole lot more people are going to know, and hopefully that's where I come in. I am a Web Marketing Intern. The word "Intern" at the end of that title, certainly takes away a little bit of the impact of that title - but that's a minor detail....

No comments:

Post a Comment